A few things that have happened since I've been away from home....
1. My sister has graduated university. :-)
2. My hometown (Ridgefield) hasn't changed much. Still has that good ‘ol New England flavor, feel, and familiarity. 1. My sister has graduated university. :-)
3. My dentists (both of them) got married to each other. At least now they have something to talk about when they go home.
4. My mom became an ordained minister.
5. One of my cousins had 2 kids, another had 3, another had 1. Haven't met any of them as of yet.
6. My winter clothes still fit me! I've been happy as a bee wearing my favorite type of clothing - sweaters, jackets, gloves, boots, etc.
7. My dad took down our fence that separated our front from our back yard.
8. Everyone in my family has aged...especially my granddad. Missed a lot over the years…
9. One of my cousins won the state championship for football in Texas. you GO boy!
10. None of my equipment at home is broken (my DVD player, TV, tape deck, VCR deck, amp, speakers)
11. My mom's library has increased in size. She has many of the books I have to read for PI.
12. Memories that have waited for me have only grown stronger and were welcomed with more gratitude and appreciation than I expected from my own heart.
13. Me.
In reality, it feels as if I never left. Like I was just here yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment