By far my favorite Japanese anime character. I can't think of any better created character that exudes confidence, determination, faith, and character like this one...well done Mr. Miyazaki.
It seems to be more expensive to buy, cook, and clean up when it comes to cooking one's own food compared to eating out here in Singapore. I mean, I'm sure I can buy some bee hoon and vegetables, fire up the stove and slop it all together, but 'ol uncle and auntie will surely do a better job for less money.
I mean, yes, buying and cooking my own food is something I enjoy. It does give one a sense of ownership over what goes into the food. Basically you can really watch what you're cooking (no pun intended). Eating out doesn't give one that opportunity...you order and eat what they give you. You don't know how much salt or other "bad stuff" they've put into the dish. Over here it seems to be the MSG that gives the food the flavor. I've never had this much MSG in my life, if at all. I can definitely tell that I've (meaning my physical person) has changed a great deal from being here. Food, climate, etc. Yup...I'm slowly learning that all these things play a part in how one feels in both body and mind.
Like I've been a wee bit sick the past few weeks with something I've never tackled before. A weird uneasiness with everything I eat. Can't sleep at night, sweating all through the night and sometimes during the day, a massive sustained headache for the past 4 months (I NEVER get headaches...I can count the number of times I've had headaches in my life on both my hands), and just aches all over. Dude...I'm like, "wha...?" So I was talking to some of my American friends today and they were saying that they've all gone through the same thing. Hot, humid, and muggy conditions are breeding grounds for any type of "bug" that infects we humans. I concur. Sickness is something that is basically foreign to me, praise be to the Lord. (Ya, I was never a sickly kid....what I lacked in sickness phases were well balanced in silly phases...heh). This is the first time an "under the weather" type feeling is taking weeks to get over. Oh well, I'm confident that it'll go away soon. I'm thinking about buying some thermal sweaters and wearing them all day...you know, sweat out the sickness. I figure if I sweat about 10 liters of water in one day that should get rid of the bug...
Was watching some of my videos I took while living in Japan today. I watched my taiko group, my old students, our trip to Australia, some footage of my apartment, and the mountain I used to go hiking on that almost took my life. Ahhh....I sat mesmerized for about 1.5 hours watching what was one of the most (if not THE most) precious times in my life. I said it once, I'll say it again...I don't really miss Japan, rather I miss my life IN Japan and those who made it special. Soon all those hours of DV tapes will be converted to DVD so as to last.
It's amazing...the short 2 years over there taught me more than I ever could have imagined. I can confidently say that the Lord Jesus revealed Himself, His truths, and His love for me in a very, very deep and personal way during my time there. Easy, it was not. I literally felt like I was disappearing off the face of the earth at times (more than naught), only to be captured again by the truth of His everlasting covenant of love towards me and my family. This was the sustaining breath of life that brought me out on top after my 2 year stint was over.
Many people here in Singapore ask how I survived the first 9 months of Japan without a church and the next year and a half with a group of only 5 people, once a week, an hour away. You gotta ask Jesus that one. I wish I could put it into words and, perhaps, Lord willing, one day I will. But for now I know I wouldn't change that experience for the life of me....now I know: should the world crumble, should friends cast stones, should family mock or scorn, should my brothers and sisters walk away...it moves me not. No, nothing does nor shall anything. My God is well able to keep the work that He began in my life. And I commit to Him my life to the finishing of this work. Therefore I am safe regardless of any situation around me. In the words of a man of God, "Until [my] destiny be fulfilled, [I] am INVINCIBLE."
Considering the things that I've been through in my life thus far, I believe this 200%.
Ok, eyes getting rolley-polley. I need a day watch all those videos....so I can drool at the nice weather & scenery that once was and now is not....
But all is not bad. The view from my apartment now is quite nice. It's bright and lined by all the apartments, but the skyline is quite nice actually. Hopefully my roommate and I can have some people over to chill sometime....
Ok yall, peace. Look to the Word....the Bible is the only truth that we have to stand on today. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything....
-db
p.s. I saw a woman today picking her nose in public....
...my point exactly.

No comments:
Post a Comment