Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Praying for the sick

Tonight's prayer was great...as always. Of course, it matters a wee bit how the "group" around you is praying/doing in the spirit. But I'm one who, because of unique experiences, have approached prayer in groups the same as I do when I'm alone....

...Jesus is Lord regardless of how many, how loud, or how emotional one gets. So I felt tonight's prayer was effective because that's the attitude I had before I even entered into prayer. In fact, even during prayer I believe a person's attitude can change any number of times. The struggle comes in keeping one's heart and focus on the Lord and prayer at hand. In doing this the cries, the shouts, the tears, the volume becomes genuine instead of just a "motion."

I'm not saying that crying, shouting, tearing, and increasing one's volume is of no effect if one's spirit isn't right. Indeed, if we do not base our prayers on feelings but rather on faith then these actions should be done even if one doesn't "feel" like doing it. But once started on the path of seeking God one should heartily pursuit the "more than"...the prayer that comes from deep within. That's how I prayed tonight...eventually. !

Ok, another interesting point: our pastor travels a lot. Dude...like I saw him tonight, then he left, now he's on a bus up north....won't be back until Friday.

No comments: